Friday, January 9, 2009

Chuck got to call today!

The phone call was a little late but it did come today. Chuck called at 10 this morning to tell me that he got there OK. It was hard to hear him because the phone didn't get very good reception. He got there late Wednesday night. He is stuck in reception till next Friday. Reception is where they wait till basic starts. They make sure all the paperwork is in order, and everything is ready to go. By the sounds of it this isn't very fun because all of you sit in the big building all day and night and can't do anything. Can't send letters, can't run. They did get to go to the base store today which Chuck said was good because they took his deodorant from him at the airport and he had been without it for 2 days. I'm guessing he got his haircut already, but he didn't say. I only got to talk to him for about 2 minutes before he had to go. He did say that he had written some letters already and would send them as soon as he could. So Basic starts next Friday and if all goes well I will get to see him 10 weeks after that. I will keep everyone updated as I hear things.

Nel

No comments:

Post a Comment